TEDIRO relies on comprehensive robotics know-how
TEDIRO GmbH is a spin-off from the robotics company MetraLabs GmbH and was founded in 2020. MetraLabs has been developing and manufacturing robots for more than 15 years and is considered a specialist in mobile service robotics. TEDIRO has acquired the property rights and software of MetraLabs GmbH and TU Ilmenau for the robot and relies on MetraLabs' drive platform and navigation solution.
Furthermore, design services regarding the robot (implementation of a design into a prototype), quality assurance measures as well as further developments of the software are implemented, especially software validation.
- more than 500 MetraLabs robots are successfully sold to various customers and industries
- longevity: Some robots have already been in use for 10 years
- MetraLabs robots are operated mostly in public spaces (retail) and are correspondingly robust and safe
- maintenance only once a year
- designed for the clinical environment
- no system-related downtime in previous studies (ROGER research project 2016-2019 TU Ilmenau + ROSMON research project 2020-2021)
"The prototype ran for several weeks without technical or therapeutic support during daily training sessions in the clinic."
Source: “Robot-Assisted Gait Self-Training: Assessing the Level Achieved” DOI: ISSN 1424-8220, September 2021
This measure is co-financed by tax funds on the basis of the budget passed by the Saxon state parliament.